Friday, August 31, 2012

Some New Stuff

Since selling some work at the Art Festival, I have felt the need to make some more pieces, especially because I have two shows going on simultaneously.  I have a smaller one at the Kitchen Sink on Berwyn, only about seven paintings, then I'm setting up an exhibit tonight at Dolce Casa Cafe on Damen, which will be a much bigger show.  I'm really excited about Dolce Casa; the owner is very organized and expects me to promote myself and bring people in, and the employees in turn will also talk to interested customers about my work.

So I've created a handful of new, smaller paintings, because smaller work are the ones that sell quicker:

Elklungs
Acrylic on Canvas
10" x 10"

Mooseheart
Acrylic on Canvas
10" x 10"

Rambrain
Acrylic on Canvas
10" x 10"

This set is part of my "imitation" concentration- human organs or machinery trying to disguise themselves as part of nature (see
The Machine, The Factory, The Pump, Fresh Fruit Coup)
.  I feel they were very successful and fit in with this series, while at the same time I was able to experiment with some different painting techniques and styles.

Deer
Acryic on Canvas
6" x 8"

I think this painting is so sweet!

Land Octopus
Acrylic and Gossamer Paper on Canvas
11" x 14"

I want to start incorporating some different mediums into my work, as I've been so focused on acrylic for so long.   This attempt was perhaps not the best, but it is the first in a while, so we'll see how the next one goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment