Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Meh

I'm super sad because I've come to the realization that I can't eat like a normal person.  I have to say goodbye to all dairy, including cheese, which is my all-time favorite food.  Goodbye red meat, goodbye  lots of fruit and uncooked vegetables.  So sad.  I am basically a bread-atarian.  For now.  Let's see how long it takes me to die from malnourishment.

Aside from that everything is going in the right direction.  I sold an old piece, "Brain", which was part of the "Systems" set, to a guy as a gift for his girlfriend who is a brain surgeon or something.


Selling the old stuff makes me happy, although now it might be harder to find a home for his buddy.

I have a few new pieces:

Tree Deer
Acrylic and Collage on Canvas
12" x 12"

This was kind of meant to be a festive, holiday piece.  It started out being way more Christmas-y, but I'm not about to start making Christmas-specific art, so it underwent some changes.  I love deer.

Cheap Thrills/Land Octopus Returns
Acrylic and Ink on Canvas
12" x 9"

This is the same octopus from an earlier painting.  I've decided he is a character , and en evil one at that.  My aunt thinks I should start illustrating books.  This guy would be in one if I did.

On December 6th Pottery Barn is hosting a fundraiser auction for a children's hospital at Fortunate Discoveries, where my paintings are.  They gave us these really boring, empty frames from a furniture sale or something, and the artists were supposed to do something with it to be donated to the auction.  This is what I came up with:

Empty Landscape
Scuply Clay, Rice Paper and Acrylic on Paper and Wood
14" x 18"

I had a lot of fun doing this.  It was nice to work with different materials for a change.  I think I might do some more of these.  The only problem is I have to figure out how to photograph 3-D material better.  I might have to bite the bullet and invest in Photoshop.




No comments:

Post a Comment